Monday, November 15, 2010

Republic Reso GBDGBD


Republic Reso GBDGBD
Originally uploaded by mikemilton
I'm waiting (not so patiently) for my Gibson Squareneck Dobro and wanted to work on 'standard' tuning but GBDGBD is a bit much for a round neck.

Here is my trusty National with a nut extender and a Dobro capo. It is actually tuned to FACFAC but the capo nicely makes this what I want.

The capo has a metal bar that sits over the fret and under the strings. It can be rotated to accommodate higher string heights. A rubber-covered bar sits slightly to the head-side of the lower bar pressing the strings down and dampening any sound from the upper portion of the strings.

I'm busy practicing a bunch of Christmas songs for the holidays. They are an interesting thing to play on reso.

No comments:

Post a Comment