Sunday, February 14, 2010

Back from a long Hiatus

I've been away from playing my wind equipment for a few years. My original WX7 suffered a fall and was playing erratically which was most frustrating.

Some surgery returned it to a condition where it was only "mostly dead" but playing was still unrewarding and so it sat for a few years.

Finally, I bought an AKAI EWI USB. I have to say that I was under-whelmed with the soft synth that came with it which was totally unexpressive. Of course, one could route to anything one likes but the lack of a loose lip setting and the glitchiness of its need for electrical contact for playing (particularly the octave rollers) left me cold.

Finally, eBay came to the rescue and I now have a WX5 and am back at it in full force

Hopefully I can fill this blog up with things of interest and use to other wind players

m

No comments:

Post a Comment